Breakfast: 343 kcals
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice Ezekiel Bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- Saute onion and peppers in butter over medium heat with half of the butter until tender.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon water, add to pan.
- Continually stir eggs with spatula until scramble and well combined with vegetables.
- Toast bread and spread remaining butter on top. Serve with scramble.
Morning Snack: 132 kcals
- 1 ½ cup strawberries
- 1 orange
Lunch: 315 kcals
- 1 piece lasagna
Afternoon Snack: 105 kcals
- 30 dark chocolate chips
Dinner: 305 kcals
Mexican Casserole (Serves 6)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ pound asparagus
- ½ pound chicken breast, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sour cream, nonfat, per person
- 2 teaspoons guacamole, per person
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in pot. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add pepper and asparagus and cook another 4 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and stir well to combine. Add black beans and liquid and salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach and stir to combine. Heat through until spinach is wilted.
- Pour chicken and bean mixture into 9×13” baking pan. Top with 1 cup cheese and tortilla chips. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve 1 ½ cups with sour cream and guacamole and save remaining for lunch tomorrow.