Breakfast 296 kcals
- 6 ounces greek yogurt, vanilla, non-fat
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup mixed berries
Layer yogurt, granola and berries in bowl.
Morning Snack: 80 kcals
- 20 pistachios
Lunch: 277 kcals
Turkey and Cheese Sandwich with Spinach
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1 ounce turkey
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, low-fat
- 4 spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Afternoon Snack: 93 kcals
- 2 pretzel rods
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Dinner: 454 kcals
White Bean Chili and Cornbread (Serves 6) (Serving Size: 1 ½ cups)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, quartered
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup yogurt, plain, nonfat
- Heat oil in large pot and add onions, cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chicken, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, chilies and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove chili from burner and puree about ⅓ of the soup with yogurt in a blender. Stir blended soup back in pot and serve.
Cornbread (Serves 12) (Serving Size: 1 2×2” square)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk, nonfat
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 1 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.